Monday, April 13, 2009

Doll House

For Easter I fixed up my old doll house from when I was a kid for Tayler. This house isn't anything glamorous but it was mine and I loved it when I was Tayler's age. This was the before and after pictures. I decided to do this about 4 days before Easter so I didn't have enough time to do all the things Iwanted to it. This has been in storage the past ten years so it needed a lot of work. I wanted to get curtains and more furniture, but I ran out of time so it will be something Tayler and I can do together.
This used to have a bed, kitchen table and more chairs but who knows where they ended up. The furniture was white along with the house and had old wallpaper that was from the 80's but it was all chipping away so I repainted everthing. My mom works at Carpets plus so she got me a bunch of free carpet. I wanted to put pink carpet in there to match the curtains in Tayler's room, but my mom only had one little square. The top carpet is the old stuff that was in there before, she didn't have one long enough to fit this section so that is something I will eventually change too.
Tayler loved it and I had a lot of fun fixing it up for her!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

How fun! I love to do little projects for the kids!