Saturday, August 13, 2011

Camden's blessing

We have recen'ty moved into a new house so we didn't bless Camden until he was 2 1/2 months old. We debated whether to bless him in our old ward but figured we may as well do it in our new one. Rodger's family came from Washington and honestly this was a day I don't think I will ever forget.
During sacrament Camden was screaming so I left during the opening prayer thinking that they will do the blessing after the sacrament was blessed and passed so I had plenty of time to take him out and feed him. I was in the Mother's lounge when my friend Lyndsey came in and said they were looking for the baby. How Humiliating!!!! I walk in and of course everyone is looking at me which I hate and I was so nervous that I couldn't write down the blessing. The weird thing is, is that I had a dream the night before that we had slept in and missed the blessing which if you think about it almost happened, so that was eventful.
After the blessing we came back to our house and had a luncheon with my family and Rodger's. My little sister has epilepsy and has started blacking out a lot and just falling to the ground. She had gotten a ride with my brother and his wife and was walking to the door when they heard a SMACK on the concrete...Mindy had fallen flat on her face and was gushing blood everywhere. The cement was covered...it looked like a gory movie and we had no idea where the blood was coming from so we grabbed wet towels and started cleaning her face to find out that she had only split open her chin...boy was she lucky. Mindy had to get 13 stiches and broke a couple of teeth but was very lucky it wasn't worse. Anyway, that pretty much sums up the blessing day...we are so grateful Camden has joined our family and that my sister is ok!!!




No comments: