Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Aquatic Center and Forts!!!

Lately our new summer thing has been the AQUATIC CENTER, I may as well get a pass there. Tayler asks me if we can come here about 5 times a week, she loves the slides and she is getting pretty good at swimming too. We met up with our friends Jeremy and Lindsey with there cute little boy Zander, we had a lot of fun. Naomi is getting better and better everytime in the water but still gets really scared...soon we will brake her and she will LOVE the water.
The girls really wanted a fort the other day so I brought 6 chairs upstairs to Naomi's room with a ton of blankets and made them a fort, they LOVED it...we let them watch a movie in there and once it was over we gave them flashlights and turned off all the lights and they played for quite a while. They both wanted to sleep in it so I got them all set up, read them a book and HOPED they would go to sleep. Tayler surprisingly was the first one asleep and Naomi decided that she wanted to sleep in her bed but didn't want the fort or Tayler in her room. I moved her to my room thinking she would fall asleep in my bed and then I could move her but she wouldn't do that, so I set her up in Tayler's bedroom and she wouldn't do that, so then I brought her downstairs to watch a movie with Rodger and I thinking she would fall asleep in my arms....NOPE! It was going on 1 am and I was tired of her. Finally Rodger put her up in her room and told her she had to stay and she finally fell asleep. What is it with the kids listening to Dad the second he says anything but when Mom does it they don't want to listen. I'm sure it's the deep, you know your in trouble voice that I don't have. Needless to say I will not be doing anymore forts for bedtime eventhough Tayler loved it, not such a good idea!

3 comments:

The Ottley's said...

Oh you guys always look like you're having a fun time! :)

Unknown said...

Hey friend! How are things? Gosh I haven't seen you in forever. You look so tan in those pictures. I do zumba here too every week. Sometimes I feel stupid because I am so not coordinated, but I love it. The girls are getting so big. And that aquatic center looks amazing.

Dave and Natasha said...

Thanks for the comment! Ya, Dave just made us a new kitchen table. I'll have to put pictures of it on my blog... if I ever get caught up! I'm might put them on FB first. But ya, if you really wanted something he'd build it for you! Just let us know how much you'd want to pay and we could come up with something.

Oh, and how is it that I'm not getting the updates on your blog!? Is it not on my list!? Weird, I thought it was on there!