Saturday, May 22, 2010

Tayler's Pre-school Graduation

I can't believe Tayler is finished with pre-school and on to Kindergarten. Everyone always says to enjoy your kids when they are young because in a blink of an eye they will be gone and out of your house. It always made me laugh because I picture them being this age forever, but if it goes as fast as it has gone then I am in trouble. Tayler is only going to Kindergarten but it is hard to believe that we are in that stage already. It is going to be a long summer because she asks me everyday how many days until she can go and I have to tell her around 90, which she doesn't know exactly how long that is but she just knows the number is a high one so maybe she'll stop asking me everyday. On the day of her graduation they had a bounce house and a "magic" carpet that sat in the front that the siblings could sit on. Naomi wants to go to school so bad so she felt pretty proud that she was able to sit up there with the big kids. Tayler got a CD with pictures on it throughout the year a pillow case with all the kids hands on it, her certificate that showed how she wrote her name the day she started compared to the way she wrote it when she finished and then every month Mrs. Leavitt would trace her hand and ask a question and it was funny to hear the things she would say....(example) "Why do the leaves fall on the ground? because we do this ( wiggle, wiggle, wiggle) I just laughed....Rodger and I are very proud parents of our girls, it is amazing to see the new things they accomplish and how they interperet things. Tayler is going to be a giant sponge in Kindergarten and completely soak everything in, she loves to learn. I always pictured myself crying her first day of Kindergarten, but seeing how excited she is to be there only makes me excited for her to go.
I meant to post this on my last one but I forgot. My mom took our girls the night before Mother's Day because we had gone to Vegas and her boyfriend had done this for me for Mother's Day. Tayler's hand is on the left and Naomi's is on the right. This took him a couple of hours to do but he did an amazing job and I would have to say he won some points with me this day. I loved it!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Cute pictures. Cadence is so excited to go to kindergarten also. She can't wait and asks me almost everyday when she starts. Some days I think my girls are too smart for their own good. LOL.

Oh and what a great idea with your kids hands.

Jen said...

I love the graduation! So cute. I can't believe our kids are getting so big!

Heidi said...

Isn't it so crazy that our oldest kiddos are going to Kindergarten? Chandler is so ready but I am not. He's getting big too fast! You have such a darling family!

Our Paper Plates said...

I can't believe how fast Tayler is growing! And those hand molds are so cool!!! Good to see you again. Come take a trip to AZ someday!!! :)