Monday, April 12, 2010

They earned it!


I love the look on my girls faces when they get something at the store they worked and saved there money for. Tayler and Naomi have been wanting a kite for a while and the easter bunny forgot about it, so they worked really hard at cleaning there rooms and helping me around the house. When we got up to the counter I'm sure the girl hated me because we paid for each of them in nickels and dimes because that is what they had. I love teaching my girls that if they want something they need to work for it, and it works really well when we look in the toy isle and they are wanting everything....I just say "You need to save your money" and they have no melt downs, no panic attacks, just excitment to save there money for something else they want and then they are more willing to help me around the house. I love my girls!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

That is such a great thing you are teaching your kids! Now days it seems like most parents just buy whatever their kids want and they don't learn how to work hard. I might be considered a slave driver because I make Chandler do all sorts of things around the house, but at least he's learning. Your girls are so cute and it looks like you are an amazing mom!

Sara said...

that is awesome... I need to start doing that more with my daughter, maybe she would pick up her toys more... incentive is good!