Thursday, April 29, 2010

Camping Trip...it's about time!

We haven't been camping forever and we have been so excited to go, so last weekend we decided last minute to throw our stuff in the car and head to Zion. It was a beautiful day, perfect for hiking and camping. We hiked the Zion Canyon Overlook trail and camped out. There was no wind at all thank goodness just sunshine and much needed family time. When we reached the top of the Trail, we had packed ourselves a lunch so we ate and took some pictures and started heading down. I am a horrible person when it comes to heights...I didn't used to be that way, I think it is from having kids. The girls had a blast and it is so good to see that your kids are happy and we are spending that time there as a family. After our hike we found the perfect camp site that wasn't by anyone and we were down by the river. We set up our tent, gathered fire wood and then played down by the river. I would have to say, that was the best part of the whole trip because Naomi kept getting her clothes wet so she had me taking them off until she was Naked, and she swam in that water for about 1/2 hour and that water was freezing. Tayler is more like me in that sense where we hate the feel of cold water on our skin so she was definately more cautious around the river, but she still had fun. We made hobo dinners and you can't forget smores (best part) which I think Tayler would say was her favorite part, I think she ate three. I love my family so much! We never get to see or spend much time together, but the time we do get together is the best!

3 comments:

C & E said...

Your trip looks so fun! I'm jealous that it's warm enough for you to go camping already. I sure miss Southern Utah! Miss you :)

bussberg said...

I sure wish I could have come!! I am glad you guys got to go and spend some much need time together!!!

Sara said...

so cute... that looks like so much fun, there is so much fun stuff to do around there and your weather is nice... my husbands not much for camping, he hasn't done much of it, but awesome. Your girls are so cute! I love doing the matching outfits thing with my girls too!