Thursday, February 4, 2010

Tayler's the "BIG 5"

I can't believe I have a 5 year old, that time buzzed by so fast it's crazy. For Tayler's birthday she wanted a princess party so for her cake I tried to make a princess cake and it turned out okay but nothing what I wanted it to. Anyways, Tayler started out the morning opening her present from Rodger and I before he had to leave for work. We got her a Karaoke Machine because she loves loves loves to sing, she would probably do really good in a musical because there are sometimes when I ask her something that she sings me back the answer. Right now she is mostly just singing songs without words or else her own words so she got some CD's that will teach her some songs to sing, she was so excited. Then that night we invited her friends to Jumpin Jacks inflatable bounce house for a party, pizza, cake, and ice cream. They had a lot of fun...it was interesting keeping track of all the kiddos but we survived. Naomi didn't want to go at first because she was scared but eventually warmed up and when she finally went down the slide I didn't have my camera. After we let the kids bounce out most of there energy we went upstairs where they had pizza delivered for us and then we did cake, ice cream and presents. It never fails when we get the candles lit and we start singing Happy Birthday that someone turns off the lights so the pictures I got of her with her cake are all blury...I just need to have my camera set on night vision so I am prepared next time. Tayler made a hit on Barbies, I think she got 5 and she was stoked, she also got the movie "Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs" that as you can see she was way excited about. I love this little girl, she is so good and I am so proud of the big girl that she has grown up to be.
Well, that pretty much sums it up. Now that we have Christmas and Tayler's birthday out of the
way, I feel like I can settle back down into day to day stuff.

3 comments:

Pearce Fam said...

Happy Birthday Tayler! The cake looked great Jennie

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Tayler! Glad she had a great b-day. Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

It looks like Tayler had a really fun party, I can't believe she is five! That's funny that she sometimes sings her answers, she is so cute! If you ever want to go to Sea World or Six Flags (and feel like a really really really long road trip) come and visit me:)