Saturday, February 27, 2010

Indoor Fun VS. Outdoor Fun!

This past week has been nothing but rainy, overcast and cold and it was a rough week trying to find things to entertain two kids besides movies.
This day I banned movies all day and just tried to get creative. I have these long white strips of paper and I remembered when I was in Kindergarten that we did our footprints and handprints in paint, so I decided to try it. I put paint on plates and the three of us dipped our hands in it and made our handprints with it and at first I was just going to do it for something fun but after we were done I thought it would be really neat to put in my hope chest with our names by our handprints. Now, the footprints were a little more difficult and definately more messy but the girls had a blast. I was cleaning up paint off the tile and I had to put them straight in the tub, but it was easy cleanup and it kept us busy where as we couldn't go outside. After we did this we decided to make sugar cookie cutters with sprinkles, fruitloop necklaces, and read stories. I am very much an outdoors person so for a week of trying to find projects, I was running out of ideas.



Finally, the sun broke through and we had a beautiful sunny day which was much needed. The girls and I could have stayed at this park all day because it was such a nice day. Now that the holidays are over I am ready for some nice weather. When is spring going to be here for good? The thing with that is that it stays spring for about 2-3 weeks and then it gets HOT, but at this point I will take anything but dark dreary days.


Anyways, with that being said...we had fun even though we couldn't go outside for most of the week but it looks like we are going to have another week of stormy weather so if any of you have any ideas let me know!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Oh my gosh Jennie! That's what it's like here...all the time!!! Constant rain and clouds! I go crazy!! You did a great job keeping your girls entertained! they're getting so big! We can't wait to see you guys this weekend! BTW, have you guys found Tim a job yet ;)

Sara said...

so cute... You are an amazing mom, it looks like you are enjoying staying at home... well i would look on line for ideas for things... you can find all kinds of stuff on line! Well have a good week!