Monday, July 6, 2009

Camping in Kolob

I told myself I wasn't going to post the same picture on here as I did on Facebook, but seeing as how I am so behind on here, I really needed to update.
We were planning on going to Kennewick Washington for the 4th of July weekend but got so caught up in the gym that we couldn't get away so we decided to go Camping which is something we have not done forever. We camped out in Kolob right next to the lake so it was so pretty, right after we set up our tent it rained like crazy for about 20 min. and then quit. We were meeting some friends there so when they showed up the sun was out, there was a rainbow and it was so pretty. Then, they got there tents set up and it started raining again. It was coming down so hard that it didn't look like it was going to stop. We just sat in our tent hoping for it to pass and then our tent started leaking and our blankets were getting wet. I told Rodger that I was ready to go because the last thing I wanted to do was freeze in 30 degree weather with wet stuff, but he was determined it was going to pass and he didn't want to leave. By then our friends packed up and left because it was still raining and Rodger wanted to hold out for 10 more minutes, so we did. Right then, the rain quite and the moon and stars came out and it was such a pretty night. He was even lucky enough to get a fire going so we could roast marshmellows and make dinner. The girls slept clear through the night, we all slept really warm and it was a beautiful day the next morning that we were able to go for a hike and feed the ducks. Rodger really had to fight to keep me there but I was glad he did because our family really needed an opportunity to do something fun together since our trip to Washington fell through.
Our friends little girl Avery with Tayler and Naomi eating there yogurt!
This was the how pretty it was right before we got hit with all that rain!
I LOVE CAMPING!!!

4 comments:

Our Paper Plates said...

Oh you and Roger are so good to stay. I think I would have bailed too! Just goes to show you - good things come to those who wait :) Camping is fun! We'll have to come up next summer and join you guys!

Unknown said...

How fun. Looks like you guys had a great 4th of July. way to stick out the camping situation. My little Dax would've been up all night and made out lives a living Heck. glad the girls slept through the night.

Sara said...

that sounds like a blast... I am jealous... camping is fun... but yeah not when it's raining! I am glad you had a great time but I am bummed that you couldn't come up to Kennewick I know everyone misses you!

Brooke and Randal said...

Wow! You guys were tough! I don't think we would have stayed either! Once the tent started to leak that would have been it! Then we would have been mad when it stopped! Good thing for your patience! We sure miss you guys!!!!! Randal has to go to Las Vegas for work and I was thinking of coming with him! Would you guys be able to come meet us up there?