Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas 2008

Christmas this year was a lot of fun. All of my
family was gone and we couldn't get away from
our busy schedules to go to Washington to visit
Rodger's family so it was just the four of us.
The girls were so much fun this year, Tayler especially
because she was into the whole Santa thing.
Christmas Eve we made a nice dinner, then went to the
Temple to see the lights and listen to the Nativity. It was
rainy and cold so we didn't last to long out there but it
was really pretty. Then we went and looked at the
Christmas lights, there was a really cool house
that you had to turn to a radio station to listen to the
lights dance to the music, it was really neat.
After that we came home and opened jammies and we
read them "The Night Before Christmas." Then we left
Santa a plate of cookies with milk and carrots for his
reindeer.

After we put them to bed Rodger and I put together the Kitchen set that we got the girls and got the presents and stockings all ready. I of course couldn't sleep thatnight because I was so excited. Christmas morning we got up at about 8:30 when Naomi got up and brought the girls downstairs. The look on Tayler's face was priceless, she couldn't believe what she was seeing. Naomi however wasn't to happy about the whole present thing because is all she wanted to do was eat.









Rodger pulled a bad one on Christmas morning. Right after we got done opening presents he was opening a doll Tayler had gotten for Christmas. We couldn't find the scissors so he grabbed a knife, he started cutting a zip tie off of the back and as soon as the knife broke it, the knife stabbed him right in between the thumb and pointer finger. He ran into the Kitchen and there was blood everywhere. I wiped it down and it was a huge gaping hole. His whole face went white including his lips and he about fainted. I wrapped it with a towel and grabbed my shoes and keys because I thought I was going to have to take him in to get stitches. After he sat down for a while he felt fine and it ended up not being as bad as it looked, but it was scary. Christmas is the best when you have a story.

7 comments:

Heidi said...

It looks like you guys had a great Christmas! Your girls are darling. Christmas is so much fun with little kids! How are you?

Pearce Fam said...

ha ha ha. Rodger looks pissed that you took the picture with the bandaged hand :)

Jennilyn said...

Glad you guys had an awesome Christmas! Keep up dating your blog, I love to see what you guys are up to and loved the CHrismas card!

Jen said...

You guys look so cute! I'm glad you guys had a great Christmas. Poor Rodger. We miss you guys and can't wait to see you again.

Sawyer Family said...

Oh my gosh...it's Jenny. My long lost friend that I have been looking for. Yes, I tried to find you on facebook and everything. I miss ya Jen. I just checked my comments and saw yours. I am so so excited that we can keep in touch now. I miss you and Roger. Your kids are the cutest. How fun. Miss ya girl

Unknown said...

That Sawyer Comment was really mine. Heather. That is my sisters blog and I have to help her get it going so sorry I was logged into her account. Anyways...keep in touch...

Baker Family said...

So I had checked your blog when it was messed up and was going to call to help you but then you fixed it. Yay! Loved all your Christmas pics. The girls look adorable and so happy! Poor, poor Roger.....Sad he cut his finger. The gym been crazy with all the Januray crazies? I miss ya! We should play at the park or something this week. Give me a call when you are bored. :)