Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sudden Passing of Grandma Brown

This is one amazing lady! This picture was taken a couple years ago and it was the only one I have with the two of us. I found out 3 weeks ago that my Grandma (mom's mom) was very sick, she hated seeing a doctor but when she got really bad my mom and her sister's took her in for some tests. They found that she had breast cancer two days later, so I went and saw her on a Thursday and she was able to talk to me and my girls, she understood and knew who we were. By Saturday she had no idea who anyone was and couldn't communicate and then a couple hours later she was gone, just like that. So from the time I found out she was sick to the time she died it was literally just days. I was very grateful that I went and saw her when I did and give her a hug and let her know I love her. It's sad to let anyone go but I was glad she didn't have to suffer long. We were all planning to celebrate her 90th birthday on April 5th with the entire family so it was tough to celebrate her life instead. I was so blessed to have her in my life and I love and miss her very much!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm so sorry! I agree it's better when they don't have to suffer, but still so hard! My Grandpa had to suffer for 4 years and that was so hard to watch.

Kristal said...

I'm sorry to hear that. It has kinda been a rough year for your family already. It is a bonus that she didn't suffer for a long time though. My dad has been for 2 years now and it is awful to watch. How is your pregnancy going? Still on bed rest?