Friday, January 14, 2011

IT'S A BOY!!!!

We found out on the 21st of December that we are expecting a little boy to join our family on the 18th of May. Rodger and the girls kept telling me that it was a boy but after having 2 girls in a row I wasn't going to get too excited. I am still in shock and I find myself getting anxiety once in a while because I don't know the first thing about having a boy but I am excited for the challenge!
As for the pregnancy it has been really challenging compared to both my girls. The day I found out it was a boy they also told my I have placenta previa. The doctor seemed to think I will grow out of it so we are praying for the best. I also have really bad circulation in both my legs so I asked my doctor about it and they ran tests and they came back saying the bad circulation was coming from my heart and could be life threatening which scared me to death...I was in a state of panic and frustration and scared for our baby in hopes that he was ok. So I was sent to a Cardiologist who did more tests and they came back good, thank goodness. Then I was taken to the ER because there was a lump on the back of my right knee that was swollen and red and very painful so I was worried of a blood clot. I have phlembitous which is a clot in the superficial veins which has lead me to a lot of time on the couch elevating my legs...so if any of you know some good movies, send them my way. I feel like my list goes on, but I am staying really positive about it so I can get myself through these next 4 months without going crazy.
Despite everything we are sooo excited to be having another one and can't wait to meet him!!!

8 comments:

Brittney Taylor said...

OK I will stop complaining about my pregnancy because it is nothing compared to your scares and I only have 4 more weeks where you have 4 months...hang in there and can't wait to see what your little boy will look like because your girls are gorgeous...and I only have boys but I think they are pretty easy...good luck and hang in there and take care of yourself...

Jill said...

How crazy! My Dr. told me I have that too, except its a partial. I have to go in for another ultrasound in a month or 2 just to see if everything is ok. I am not too worried because I had the same thing with Kyndee. After your belly grows a bit most the time, it goes away and everything is fine. But I understand how you feel with that. Good luck! I hope things get better. It's not fun stressing about stuff.

Heidi said...

Yeah!!!! A boy! They are sooo much fun and your girls will be cute with him! I am sorry about the scary things you have been going through, I will keep you in my prayers. Just take it easy, I know it's easier said than done! I have 4 weeks left until we meet our little baby girl and we are super excited! Keep me posted!

C & E said...

Bless your heart that is scary stuff! How fun that we'll be having boys right @ the same time. We really are going to get together one of these days!

Kristal said...

Oh my goodness, you have alot on your plate it sounds like! I hope that clot gets resolved and your circulation improves. How scary!! Keep your chin up, you will have a great reward at the end...a beautiful baby BOY!! Congrats!

The Colvins said...

I'm so excited for you guys to have a little boy!! I bet your girls are thrilled. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't been well--I hope these next few months go by fast for you!!

Jen said...

I'm so excited for your little boy to come! And I will definitely keep you in my prayers for the rest of the pregnancy!

Jake and Jen said...

Hey congrats guys!
A little boy will be a whole new adventure for you!