Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Crazy, Intense Hike through Zion!

I was invited to Hike the Narrows with my friend Sara and a group of friends she knew. Rodger had to work so he couldn't come. I am extremely afraid of heights and heard there was a repelling section that was small so I agreed to go because they said it was tiny and not a big deal. They tricked me into going because as soon as we arrived, the repelling section was off a 100 foot cliff off this lip of a mountain, I was hyperventalating(spelling??) and almost ready to cry and the only thing I could think about was how crazy I must be to do it pregnant with my hubby and kids at home because if I kill myself out here...they are not going to be the last ones I see. I did it though and as soon as I hit the bottom I was so relieved but it changed quick when I said, " that was the only one right?" They laughed and said there were 8 more sections and at this point I couldn't turn around. We left at 6 a.m that morning and they told me it was an 8 mile hike which really was a 16 mile hike, I didn't call Rodger that night until 8 and by then he was wondering what had taken so long because I told him it was only 8 miles. As scared as I was to be repelling off cliffs, I was so glad that I didn't know what it was going to be like because I would have missed out on what I thought was the most amazing, gorgeous hike I have ever been on., I just was wishing Rodger could have been there to enjoy it with me

4 comments:

Jill said...

I can't believe you did that pregnant. That is awesome though. Yes I am so excited that we will have our 3rd kids so close together. I had to laugh when I saw your post just cause we had our 2 girl about the same time. I guess it was time right. I'm excited for you. Now we can complain to each other how crappy we feel. LOL. Hope everything is going good for you.

Unknown said...

Wow! You're crazy doing that pregnant. Congratulations by the way. Hope all goes well!

Sara said...

holy crap... way to go prego mama!

The Ottley's said...

When we come down to visit next we would LOVE to do that hike!